Friday, May 16, 2008

Don't Blame Me...




TGIF, right? Uncle Mark is currently partying with Kordell Stewart and Shannon Sharpe. Man, Uncle Mark is living the life! I'm sure there's some kind of festival for Uncle Dan in New Orleans. Mommy is at home watching "What Not to Wear" on TLC and finishing off a bottle of $3 Trader Joe's Merlot by herself. I am actually in bed sleeping. But yet, I am blogging. Hmmm...I'm confused.

Today Mommy and Daddy found me a Nanny. "Nanny" might be a little misleading but Mommy likes the way it sounds better than "Babysitter." Anyway, my new Nanny-sitter is Miss Norma Jean and she does NOT mess around. Miss Norma runs a tighter ship than Mommy has ever seen. If she weren't such a caricature of herself, she'd be a little scary. I'm pretty excited, there are 5 boys and 1 other little girl and then me! There is Miss Norma and Miss Marva. They are sisters. And they are SERIOUS about being Nanny-sitters. I think I'll be happy there, it will be a LOT different from what I'm used to but Mommy and Daddy think they can learn something from her. She is like a drill sergeant. But don't worry, if she was REALLY scary Mommy would never take me there. Mommy and Daddy really think I'll learn a lot from her and that Miss Norma and Miss Marva will love me lots. After all, I will be the cutest baby there. What's not to love?

Wow, wine really makes Mommy ramble. Let's get to the point of my post!

I am learning how to drink from my Tummy Tippy cup! See?! I am doing really good with my big girl food. Sweet potatoes are my favorite. I have not had the Duda's sweet potatoes yet. But once I do there is probably no going back. Duda makes his sweet potatoes with lots of brown sugar, marshmallows and raisins. Mmmm...yummy. Anyway, I digress. Here I am with my Tummy Tippy cup. Very good.

And, evidently I have readers outside of my family. Hi Ashley! Mommy tells me she doesn't understand why you and Uncle Mark just don't get it over with yet. I mean, she really likes you, and you really like Uncle Mark, soooo....? (Oh no, Mommy. You're letting the wine talk now). It's been a really long week. I better go before I say something embarassing. Can't wait to see you at my first Clemson game this fall!

Love,

Lilly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Miss Lily!
I hope you had a better day after your not so hot day:) I'm here at work today daydreaming about winning the lottery. I'm hoping that one day I buy that lucky ticket..I've got my fingers crossed! Your Uncle Mark told me he is coming to see you soon. I told him I would send a present for you with him since I am slack wanna be auntie and I didn't send one for when you were born. I hope you like it:) It happens when your full time job is taking care of your uncle. Did you know his life long dream is to be a stay at home dad? It looks like I got my work cut out for me:)Oh goodness Lily, I'm rambling again-I guess I should go do my work before the big boss lady catches me playing on the computer. Opps! Have a great day!

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...