Monday, May 26, 2008

Introducing...Dr. Daddy!






What a weekend! I don't even know where to start! So much happened this weekend it makes my baby head spin. I will have to get to it all later, because I am seven months old and I have a short attention span.
Since today is THE day I will just for now focus on my Daddy! My Daddy took the Hippopotamus Oath today and became a real Doctor! I am so proud of Daddy! Congratulations, Daddy! You worked real hard, no matter what Mommy says! I realize this day changes the whole dynamic of your marriage to Mommy because now she can't tease you about being a mere career student, you are a Doctor! You will actually be making some money now. Does this mean Mommy can't go to Janie & Jack and buy me expensive baby dresses because you will have some say now that you are bringing home some bacon? I hope not. I know Mommy is creative and will come up with some good reason to spend too much money on me, no matter who brings home the bacon.
Daddy, you are more educated than Mommy will ever be (but Mommy says that doesn't necessarily make you smarter, or wittier, she has to keep you in check somehow, that's why you married her, so you don't develop a Doctor Ego). But Daddy, I digress. I was so proud of you today I stayed quiet for the whole two-hour ceremony, and when Mommy started to cry when you got your diploma, I pulled her hair and then I licked her shoulder. After that, I just wanted you to hold me.
Congratulations Dr. Daddy! I love you sooooo much!
XOXOXOXO
Love,
Lilly
P.S. Grampa and Grammy, we really missed you. But Grampa, you need to take it easy and get better. That way you'll have no excuses when I graduate, you will be there! I know it seems far away but I hear preschool just flies by! I love you, Grampa! Feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions to all of YOU!!! We are so proud of you, Joe!!! You will be an awesome Dr.

xoxoxoxox
Babi and Duda

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...