Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lookie What I Can Do!




Great news! Mommy found the camera battery yesterday and we promptly took some pictures. I wanted to post them for you so you can see how I've changed in two weeks. What? You didn't think babies could change in 2 weeks? Then YOU don't know BABIES! Look what I'm learning, I am learning how to get up on my knees to start crawling! And, I can get into stuff now! Isn't that great? Now Mommy and Daddy have to keep an eye on me at all times.

I started at Miss Norma Jean's yesterday, my new nanny-sitter. Yesterday was a very bad day. I would not eat at all and I cried and cried and cried. I got to spend 2 whole weeks with my Mommy and Daddy and I did not want to go back to some dumb old babysitter's house and darned if I didn't let her know it. I made Miss Norma Jean feel bad. And I don't care. I really made Mommy feel bad though because I screamed like a little banshee when she handed me off this morning. My Babi says I have a very strong will. She only knows the half of it. Just wait until I grow up. I come from a long line of strong wills and stubborn people. Don't I, Grampa?

If you are very observant you are probably looking at these pictures and thinking to yourself: "Dang! What a gorgeous baby!" Well of course. You are probably also thinking to yourself: "What is under that rug? Is it SUBFLOORING?! And WHAT is that on the walls? Is it PINK PAINTED PANELING?" My, you are observant! Why yes, indeed it is subflooring and pink painted paneling! Let me give you the scoop. This is our family room. The carpet was soooo nasty that Mommy could not even live with it not even for a couple weeks so she said, "Off with the carpet!" and Daddy ripped it out and every rug we own is covering the floor. It is a unique look, and not one I would recommend duplicating. It will remain this way until at least next week when the contractors come in to remove this bathroom:

Yes, THIS bathroom is purple! And it's ewwww gross! So we are taking out the bathroom. Once we do that, Daddy is going to undertake the back breaking project of laying hardwood flooring down in the family room and then we are going to replace the paneling with dry wall and paint it a color anything but pink! And the mauve trim? We'll make white. So there you go, there's just one project low-down for you.

I'll be sure to keep you all posted faithful readers! I know this was long but I sure have a lot to say!

Love,

Lilly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilly!

I can't believe how MUCH you are looking like your Daddy...good thing he is cute! I love the little look you are giving too...your Mommy is going to have her hands full!!! You are adorable and I love you so much. Now, Babi has to get back to her new house and start cleaning some more and more and more and more!

love you to pieces!!!

Babi

Anonymous said...

It is about time you updated your blog, you have been a very good blogger until the last couple of weeks. Glad you are back!! Love those big blue eyes, you are a doll baby!!!
Love you, Grampa and Grammy

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...