Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Tomorrow is my Mommy's first Mother's Day. She has joined the ranks of lots of wonderful, amazing, and inspiring women before her and now, all those things she used to take for granted from Mommys she has a whole new world of appreciation for. Mommy never once since I've been born and probably never again will question the purpose and meaning of her life, she was made to be a Mommy and nothing will make her happier. She has my Daddy, and she has me. And life is soooooo good.


Besides my own Mommy there are four other very important Mommys in my life, my GrandMommys and my Tia!


I have my Babi. Babi secretly hopes I give Mommy as much heartache as she gave her, but that won't happen. I'm a perfect little angel and probably always will be. But everything my Mommy knows about being a Mommy she learned from her Mommy, my Babi, and my Babi's Mommy, Mommy's Babi. And now, Mommy gets it! And Mommy really, REALLY appreciates my Babi and all that she went through. Thank you, Babi, for being a wonderful Mommy!


I have my Grandma. Just like my Babi she had four kids. She is also known as Crazy Jane, and if you've ever met my Uncles Maurer, you know why! Any Mommy who raises those three boys (and a girl) is bound to go crazy! But let me tell you something about my Grandma: she is amazing! She is always happy and keeps an open mind and loves to try new things! She always kept an open mind with my Mommy and made Mommy feel like a part of this crazy family even before she was. For me, it was a birthright. Thank you, Grandma, for being a wonderful Mommy!


I have my Grammy. Grammy has Grandma experience and Grammy really came through for Mommy in ways Mommy and Daddy wouldn't have even imagined when I was born and they'll never forget it! My Grammy is awesome! She always knows just the right things to say to Mommy to make her feel better when she's panicking (which Mommy tends to do), over reacting (maybe) or maybe just a little emotional (she can be that way), and just every normal day. Thank you, Grammy, for being a wonderful Mommy!


Last but not least I want to give a shout out to Tia Natalia! It's her first Mother's Day too, happy Mother's Day, Tia!


I love ALL the Mommys in my life. I am a lucky, lucky little girl. Happy Mother's Day to Mommys everywhere!


Love,


Lilly


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Little Lilly,

Babi loved to read your glowing tribute to all the other Mommies in your young life, but let me set the record straight...your Mommy was the most amazing, wonderful little girl to raise and even though we had a little rough patch (for about 3 years or so), I would go through it again and again because YOUR Mommy exceeded all my expectations for her!!! You are so lucky because your Mommy is the most loving young mother I have EVER seen!!! What a blessed little angel YOU are and so are WE because YOU are in our lives!!! We love you very much, Little Lilly!!!

hugs and kisses galore

Babi

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...