Sunday, May 18, 2008

Batter Up!



I went to my first Reds game today and I did it high class. It was employee appreciation day at Mommy's work so we got free tickets to the Batter's Eye box in center field. Which that was a good thing because even though it was sunny outside it was still chilly and windy. So we got to enjoy the first half of the game behind glass eating our free Montgomery Inn BBQ and Daddy drinking free beer.

After a while I bundled up and we went on to the party deck for the rest of the game. While there I saw this crazy dude:


Turns out he is the mascot for the Cleveland Indians, not the Cincinnati Reds, but how was Mommy supposed to know that except by looking at his shirt, which all she saw was a big purple photo opportunity. There were people yelling obscenities at Mr. Purple until we went for our photo and as soon as we walked away the obscenties started again. At least people were nice enough not to swear and cuss at me, and smart enough not to do it to Mommy because in case you didn't know this, Mommy has a mouth on her and loves the opportunity to exercise it.


The Reds actually won this game which is exciting. Someone hit a homerun and we were standing right by the smokestacks whent they did it and fireworks started going off right above my head! It was so loud but I didn't even cry!


When I move to Louisville I'll get to go see the Louisville Bats play. They are a minor league team and just maybe I'll get to see them play Austin Gallagher's team and then I can get an autograph and my picture taken with him. He was in love with Teti, who knows, maybe he still is? I'm sure once he sees me he'll fall in love with me. Sorry, Teti.


Love,

Lilly


P.S. I love you, Grampa! Feel better! One day you can teach me how to throw a baseball, like a boy!

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...