Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How Many Licks DOES It Take?




TWO people emailed Mommy yesterday to tell her they laughed so hard when they read my blog they peeped their pants. Don't worry. Happens to me all the time, and then Mommy cleans it.
I wish I had a follow-update half as funny as yesterday's but the rest of the trip was relatively uneventful. I am actually moving backwards in time to our visit to the Children's Museum which was before we even went to the zoo and I had my first encounter of the gorilla kind.
At the Museum on Saturday they were having some kind of trade show type event where there were booths with candy, and you know, I love candy. I spotted some Tootsie suckers, and decided I HAD to have one! And since Mommy is so up on what's age appropriate for a 1-year old, she said "Okay, you can have a sucker." WELL! TURNS OUT I picked a WINNING sucker and got this lovely free Blue Fish stuffed animal which kept me entertained for all of 3 minutes and then I threw him on the floor. Repeatedly. But Mommy and Daddy brought him home for me and I've added him to my growing collection of Kohl's stuffed animals which let Mommy tell you, are the best stuffed animals for the money. They are cute and cheap and well made. How can you go wrong for $5 bucks? Really! But this Blue Fish, he was FREE! My first official "Prize." And Mommy won him for me by allowing me a Tootsie Roll sucker, which according to Daddy the American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend for children under 3 years of age. PSHAW!
And in case you are wondering, I have no idea how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie center. Daddy took it away from me when I wasn't paying attention which even Mommy had to agree was probably for the best because at that point I was running around with a little white stick hanging out of my mouth.
I have so many more pictures from the museum, all the more reason to keep coming back to see me!
Love,
Lilly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one adventure after another. The goose story is the best yet!!! You almost got Little Sister early because of that goose. You are lucky Lilly to have a Mommy that allows you special treats. Tootsie pops are the best!

Take care of Mommy, she needs your help.

Love, Grammy and Grampa

Anonymous said...

Babi doesn't know how many licks it takes to get into the center of a Tootsie Pop because...she ALWAYS bites into it! One day, I am going to break a tooth! I am glad Daddy took yours away, there is plenty of time for Tootsie Pops, sweetie!!!

Love you bunches
Babi

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...