Monday, March 2, 2009

I Just Have to Share...

*At the coffee pot this morning at work...*
Coworker: "You are getting close, Kristen! Look how big you are! Is Lilly excited to be a big sister!"
Mommy: "Yep, getting close. (Thanks for noticing and commenting on my weight gain. Every woman loves to hear about how huge she looks). Lilly's about as excited as she's gonna be. I don't think she really understands that she's got a baby sister on the way but I think she'll know it when she gets here."
Coworker: "Oh, you need to get her ready! Have you explained it to her? That's a big change!"
Mommy: "Well, she's only 16 months old, so it's a little hard to rationalize with her at this point."
Coworker: "Maybe you should read a book on it. It will make it a lot easier on you."
Mommy: "Yes, maybe I should."
So does anyone know of any good books out there on how to explain and rationalize things to a 16 month old? Let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Thats all I have to say. I love you Kristen... and you too Lilly, but your mommy needed this comment more than you.

Love Teti.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Kristen... send me your address and I would love to send some books along on that subject that we will NEVER need again (b/c my loving hubby had an operation), plus I could send some herbs for you to drink to keep up your nutrients thru pregnancy. Plus, I love this blog!

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...