Monday, March 9, 2009

Doing My Part

It seems to me that every day there is more bad news about the economy. This gets to be a real drag for a baby. I get tired of hearing the media say, "It's going to get worse! It's going to get worse!" And then it does! And then everybody talks about how horrible it is and how Obama hasn't fixed anything in his first 100 days in office or that he's doing it all wrong. I will say one thing, I wouldn't want President Obama's job! No sir! But you've heard the expression: "You can be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution." I think all the whiners are part of the PROBLEM. I have decided to become part of the solution!
So, I took my little goozie to the employment kiosk at Meijer while Mommy and Daddy did their grocery shopping...observe!

You can see here, the big sign that says, "Now Hiring." Fabulous!


Look! This employment application process is so easy a BABY can do it!


"Hello? Yes, this is Lilly Bean. I would like to apply for your openings in the TOY department. So, what kind of employee discount are we talking here? 30%? Is that the best you can do? I'll tell you what, I am the best little toy salesperson you could hope to hire. You can't afford NOT to hire me but I won't work for a mere 30% discount. I need 50%. Minimum! And I want 15 minute cookie breaks every 2 hours and a one hour lunch. I have special dietary requirements that include macaroni and cheese, hotdogs and tater tots. Got that? Good! I can start 2 weeks from Monday. Thank you very much. You won't regret it!"
And just like that I have the freedom and autonomy of my own baby paycheck. No more answering to Mommy and Daddy every time I want to make a superfluous purchase! I can do what I want! I'm a working baby!
YES, I CAN PEOPLE!!!
Love,
Lilly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Babi would hire you anytime, dearest Lilly Marie!

xoxox

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...