Sunday, June 13, 2010

Time Out

Sometimes, I just do something so darn cute Mommy thinks, "I better get that on the blog right away before I forget it."  Luckily the 'puter is handy so Mama thought, why not right now?
Lately when Anna comes near my toys I do a body dive and wrap myself around all of them (all of them, or around them all?  eh, grammar).  I did just that with my dollhouse toys.  Never mind that we have two dollhouses with probably 500 dolls I didn't want Anna touching ANY of them so I threw myself across them all (all of them).  Anna, being a little industrious herself turned around and grabbed Jimmy, the stuffed dog that barks, who I played with - oh, last Tuesday?  I screamed, "NO ANNA!!!" and grabbed it from her, real mean-like which made Mommy mad.
Mommy and Daddy RARELY use time out with me.  Not to brag, but I really don't need it too much.  But tonight Mommy had it with me throwing myself around and poor Anna getting stuck playing with the loose threads on the carpet so Mommy said, "Lilly, give that back to Anna RIGHT. NOW."
I said, "No.  I want a time out.  I will go sit in the uncooperative chair."
Mommy stared while I got up and walked myself to the chair.
I turned around and pointed at her and said, "TWO MINUTES."
Mommy almost lost it, she tried so hard not to laugh and be serious.  So into her bedroom I went, I moved everything off the uncooperative chair and sat down.  Two minutes later Mommy came in and said, "Are you ready to come back and play nice with Anna?"
I said, "No, I will sit here a little longer.  Till I'M READY."
About 2 minutes after that I came back in the playroom and I've been playing WONDERFULLY with my sister.
Mommy told us she wants a time out too, sometimes.  But hers is of the corner bar sort, and Daddy is on nightshifts and it's just not worth it.
Love,
Lilly

1 comment:

oliver zane said...

oh wow lilly, you have so many cool and fantastically hilarious things to teach me! love, ollie

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...