Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm a Little Behind

Mommy is freaking out (again).  I am almost 15 months old and I do not say so much as Mama.  I don't say anything except I grunt and cry.  Daddy says this is troublesome because I should say 4 words by now at least Mama and Dada (with purpose) but I don't.  Whenever Mommy tries to practice with me, "Say MAMA!" I smile and shake my head back and forth (almost as though I perfectly understand what she wants me to do but I'm saying, "Ha ha, NO!")  Additionally I still only have two teeth.  So last night Daddy tells Mommy she needs to "talk to the Pediatrician about it" which is what he says when he knows he's right and Mommy is in some kind of denial.  I'm also supposed to be able to point to at least 1 body part but whenever Mommy says, "Anna where is your tongue?" or, "Anna where is ____?" I think she is playing peekaboo with me and I cover my eyes.  We went bowling last night with 4 Pediatricians (handy, no?) and Mommy asked all four of them what they would do (about 10 times) and they all agreed we need to "talk to our Pediatrician about it."  What fun is having Doctor friends if they don't give you free advice, or at the very least just tell you what you want to hear?
This all makes Mommy feel bad, like, maybe I'm not talking because Mommy works instead of stays home?  Or, maybe Mommy didn't take the right supplements when she was pregnant?  Or, maybe it's because Mommy left us and went to that Phish concert last August?  Or worse, maybe it was all the fun she had in college?  I don't know.  Babi says Uncle Mark didn't talk until he was 3 and look at the genius he is now.  At least I'm finally starting to walk.  Maybe they got my age wrong and I wasn't actually born in April in fact I was born in June so I'm doing fine?  No, even at 12 months I should have been saying, Mama or Dada or NO or SOMETHING!  Maybe I'll wake up one day and when Mommy comes to my room to get me I'll say something out of the blue like, "'Bout time, Mama, now go get me a BABA!"
On another note, that's even more serious than my lack of language skills, everyone please say prayers for Mary Lou.  She is going for another biopsy on Thursday and this time it's surgical because the Dr's found something they "didn't like" in her breast, the same one she had a biopsy on in January.  Please say prayers.
Love,
Anna and Lilly

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...