Monday, October 11, 2010

&%#! My Daddy Says


I'm sure you've all heard of the book and now the new sitcom, &%#! My Dad Says, and Mommy thought all the married women of the world could compile a list of &%#! Their Husband Says which would become an instant and runaway best seller.
Daddy mouthed off a couple of his own doozies this weekend, that made Mommy laugh, and since I've got an inside track on Mommy's brain I have here for your enjoyment &%#! She Was Thinking.
Daddy to Mommy: "You are a lot messier than you were 5 years ago.  Everywhere I look there's piles and I feel like every time I open the dishwasher it's full of clean dishes that need to be put away."
Mommy thinks: Well gee, I had a little more free time on my hands FIVE YEARS AGO.  How's about instead of noting the piles and the dishes you go ahead and put them away...hmmmm???
Daddy: "I need new shoes.  I need new boxers.  I need a double trailer for my bike (that I haven't ridden not once since I met you).  I need to pay my sister.  I need, I need, I need..."
Mommy thinks: I need a million dollars! 
Daddy:  "Who hung up those pictures?  I didn't do that, they need to be screwed into the wall properly or they could fall on someone's head."
Mommy thinks: Picture frames remain on the floor waiting to be "properly hung", two weeks and counting!
Daddy:  "I hope you raked up those leaves for fun, because you left the whole pile on the lawn and half the leaves.  It's going to be more work for me to clean that up."
Mommy: Weeeee!  Leaves!!!!!!!!!  Let's jump, girls!
Ha ha ha, Daddy.  I'm sure Mommy could come up with more, but what fun is that at your expense?
Stay tuned tomorrow for, &%#! Lilly and Anna Say!
Wait, that's the whole point of this blog, no?
Love,
Lilly and Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...