Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Papa, Papa


















Dear Papa,
This is so hard. I can't believe you're gone. I miss you so much, and it hurts so bad. I've been thinking about what I can say about you as a tribute to you for all you did for me, but I just can't find the words. All I do is cry.
Lil Marie and Anna were so blessed to have been able to meet you, be held by you, be loved by you. I will keep your memory alive in them as I've tried to keep Babi's. I know how much you loved them, Papa, I know you thought about them every day and I hope you knew how much they love you, too. They sleep with your Indian orphan blankets and dream catchers every night, they play with your monkeys, they ask me about you.
Losing you was just not something any of us thought was going to happen. I know how that sounds, you were 86, but I took for granted that our days here are numbered. I so wish I would have called you that Sunday when I thought about it, I wish I would have gone up to Detroit at Christmas so you wouldn't have been alone, I so wish I wasn't waiting to see you again in April...I wish, I wish, I wish.
I will miss you every single day, Papa. I loved you so, so, so much and I am so lucky to have had someone in my life who loved me as much as you did. And there was no one else on this whole earth who loved me more, that I know. I will make sure Lil Marie and Anna know it, too.
I love you, Papa. Thank you for everything.
Love Forever and Ever,
Krissy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to a very loving and wonderful man, Dad, Papa, and Great Papa. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss him too. He was the best Dad anyone could EVER have. I love him so much, that I cry everyday for him, myself and all of us. There will never be a man like him and we are lucky he was with us for 86 very short years. Just take comfort in knowing he lived his life to the fullest, went the way he wanted to go and is with our loving Babi forever. I know one day we will be together again, but it still hurts. I love you past heaven, Dad.

XOXOXOXOXO

your little peanut

Anonymous said...

So touching! Papa was one of a kind. He was the most loving, generous, hilarious, strong minded, and caring person in my life. Above all Papa loved his family and put us all on a pedestal above all else. I will always remember stories he told me about Babi's Dad Red and how much I would have loved him and how much he would have loved me had I been lucky enough to meet him. Those stories about Papa are what I will always cherish and pass on to his and my Lil Marie and Anna Bear. I love you all! Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

Lilly and Anna, your Papa was one of the most amazing men you would have ever met and did. I only wish you would have been able to build the wonderful memories that your Mommy, Uncles and Teti all had with him.

One of my favorite memories of Papa was when he would turn off all the music in the car and then we would sing together "You Are my Sunshine"and "Frere Jacques." Maybe that is where your Teti got her love of music from.

Like Uncle Mark, I promise to keep the wonderful memories of Papa and Babi alive. Thanks for wiping my tears at Papa's funeral Anna. I love you all so much.

Love, Teti

ashleyrobinson said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Uncle Dan said...

I've not been on your website for a while, so I'm late in this ... typical perhaps. When I was a kid, I used to spend every summer with Bubby and Papa. At first it was just for a week, but as my siblings grew older and developed social lives and became involved in activities, they stopped going which meant I got to stay longer and longer ... months even.

Papa and Bubby were the two best people anyone could ever hope to meet, let alone be loved by and cared for, and I am thankful for every minute I had them all to myself.

As you girls get older, Uncle Dan is going to do his best to show you how good he had it. When you're with me, kids, you have carte blanche to do whatever and be whover you wish. You come from an awesome bunch of people, so strap in. You're in for a long, fun time.

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...