Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mommy's "First" 5k

A couple weeks ago Mommy ran, and finished her "first" 5k. I say "first" because she attempted one before but had to walk. That's because the ding-bats who designed the course planned the last half-mile straight up a hill. Mommy couldn't hang.
This 5k was fun. It was very cold but they had Krispy Kreme donuts to warm your insides and give the runners a much needed sugar boost before the race! Mmmm...
Daddy pushed me and Anna in our borrowed $550 double stroller. Fancy. He said it was like pushing butter it was so smooth. Anna fell asleep. I cheered Mommy on! I said, "Go Mommy! Go Mommy! Go!" So. Cute.

Here is Anna looking like a little marshmallow...


And here I am at the finish with a balloon. Mommy finished in 36 minutes. Not bad for 6 months after pushing out a baby, and not being a runner. Maybe, just maybe Mommy will run the Derby Mini-marathon in March. That is still the goal! Don't think I'll be riding along for that one. Too much time sitting still for me!
Love,
Lilly



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will run with Mommy, dearest Lilly Bean!

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Babi

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...