Thursday, October 29, 2009

Doctor, Doctor

Today we went to see the Dr. I had to go for my 2-year check up and Anna had to get a flu shot. You wouldn't believe what they did to poor Anna last week. Last week she had a fever for 6 days with really nothing else wrong. So Mommy and Daddy took her to the Dr. and they poked, pinched and stuck her with so many needles in so many places it still makes Mommy shudder and want to cry. (Verdict was: UTI. She gets to go get more tests November 13)
Then I got my share of needles today for my check up. Why is it that it's always the Mommy's who take the kids for the shots? Do you know how hard it is to body-slam your kid on the table and hold them down kicking and screaming so they can get stuck with needles? You do if you're a Mommy! My Mommy was prepared this time. I got a McDonald's chocolate chip cookie (God forbid Mommy actually MAKE cookies), and a Princess video on the ride home.

Anna is feeling better now. She is back to making funny faces like our favorite, "The Old Man with No Teeth" face above. She is really doing well. She sits up, she still cries when I cry, and she's doing alright at eating food but not great. Mommy isn't nursing anymore, she's all dried up. Bye-bye, boobies. *Sniff**Sniff*

We are looking forward to a fun Halloween weekend with an actual costume and trick or treating this year! Hope your's is boo-riffic!
Love,
Silly Lilly






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lilly Bean, you are just like your Mommy! I had to hold her down just to let the nice Dr. listen to her little heartbeat! She was a mess!

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...