Monday, April 27, 2009

Mommy's Lill' Helper

Here is Anna on her 2 week birthday. 2 weeks old already! It's amazing how different it feels for Mommy the second time around. Yeah, yeah, Mommy knows, a million people told her so but still, some things you just got to go through for yourself, you know?

I have been a wonderful Lill helper (Lill...get it? Lill = short for Lilly = ha ha Mommy is so clever! is there no end to her wit?) Here I am covering Anna with a blanket on her bouncy seat. Daddy took this picture. There's a whole series of them, and they end with me trying to cover Anna's face with the blanket. That's when Daddy stepped in, "Gentle, Lilly..." Okay, okay, GENTLE! I get it! I get it!

And here we are on our new Laz-Boy recliner. Remember when Mommy said she would never in her life own one of those god-awful fugly chairs? She went out and bought one right off the floor only 8 days after Anna was born. It's our new favorite chair, and I must say, it blends quite nicely with the decor, but still it is god-awful fugly.


Here I am rocking Anna in her swing. This is another "Gentle-tunity" lesson. First I start by slowly, slowly and then real fast, fast, fast. Mommy and Daddy say (all together now): "Gentle, Lilly, gentle!" Yeah, yeah, whatever...



Finally we have here Babi getting all dotey on the baby. I can't have that, she does not have exclusive dotey rights on Babi. So in order to steer Babi's attention back to me, I (on my own accord) brought Babi a burpy cloth. I get accolades for this and I enjoy accolades, don't you?
Speaking of accolades (such a big word for an 18 month old, no? But I am a baby genius, you should hear my vocabulary...here's a sample: Elmo, Oscar, Cookie, cracker, oh no, uh oh, Nana [for Anna], and GAR!!! [for Garp, the cat, whom I like to yell at]) anyway I digress... Babi left yesterday after 2 and a half glorious weeks and we miss her already. Thank you, Babi for being here and keeping Mommy company, and spoiling me, and making us dinners, and doing our laundry (particularly my pukey linens), and buying us stuff and for everything else you did. Mommy is a much more centered, happier Mommy. This morning even went well for us! Mommy got up before me, got showered and cleaned up, made me breakfast, woke me up and walked me to Ms Norma's this morning! I cried, though, I didn't want to go. I wanted more girl time with Mommy, Babi and Anna...so when Daddy's vacation is done, please come back! We love you! THANK YOU, BABI, YOU ROCK!!!!
Love,
Lilly





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest wonderful Lilly,

You bet your little hiney, I'll be back...I MISS YOU (all of you) and am bored, bored, bored without you...I mean, Seasame Street isn't the same without you! I love you and miss you, but we'll be back on May 22!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Babi

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...