Thursday, March 25, 2010

Our First Concert

We went to our first concert a couple weeks ago - A Mickey Mouse Playhouse spectacular! I got waaay more into it than my Sissy did, I was literally on the edge of my seat, see?!

Tickets to our first concert were $25 a pop, and yes, even I had a ticket. This is not because I needed a ticket - oh, no. In case you haven't heard Mommy complain about it yet, on the ticketing site it said, "Children of ALL ages require a full-priced ticket." Mommy called the scumbag ticketing company and said, "Are you sure? Even an 11 month old?!" They said, Yes, indeed. Turns out once she purchased the tickets, the ticket itself said, "Children 1 year of age and older." Okay, so yeah we are cutting it close but - please!!! I can't even sit by myself in my own chair yet! Mommy called back, the ticketing company acknowledged the blunder and said, "Sorry, no refunds." Mommy then proceeded to string out a list of obscenities I had never even heard in my little baby life...

And I sat on Daddy's lap the whole time pretty much with this very look on my face. Believe it or not, we don't watch a whole lotta tv. This concert featured Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (which we do watch), Winnie the Pooh and Tigger (new to me), the Einstein Kids (or something, I can't even remember, that must come on waaaaay before we wake up!) and, oh, I think that's it! But I got about half of it. Of course, it was pretty groovy seeing Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck and Goofy in person but I didn't understand why they were so far away, and they didn't come talk to me afterwards.


Nevertheless, it sure was fun, and Boing seemed to have enjoyed it, and Anna loooooved it. We had enough fun that this Sunday we are going to see Sesame Street Live this Sunday but Daddy won't be with us, it will be girls' day out. Daddy is going to Buffalo with his cousins and the Uncles. That sounds like fun, but nothin' like getting to see the Sesame Street Gang live. Sorry, Daddy. You lose.
Love,
Lilly and Anna!



No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...