Sunday, May 3, 2009

Check Out My New Digs

I am a Recessionista. I was cheap before being cheap was cool. Actually, I'm too little to be cheap but I was born to cheap parents. We find lots of ways to justify our so-called thriftiness but with the current economic climate we've stopped apologizing and started giving ourselves props for being trailblazing cheapskates. At the same time we are also capitalizing on the current Green Initiatives by recycling (aka: buying used) so we are really ahead of the curve. Try to keep up, people.The latest in our endeavors of penny pinching involved Mommy finding a used plastic playhouse on Craig's List for only $60. This is much cheaper than this playhouse which is actually much nicer than the house we live in. Anyway as you can see (you clicked on the link, right? check it out before you read any further - really! you have to see it to believe it) anyway as you can see that playhouse retails for a cool $9,299.99. Since my new plastic playhouse was only $60 Mommy actually SAVED us $9,239.99. That is quite a cost savings. I suggested to Mommy she take the money we saved and go ahead and buy herself some new diamond earrings that she can give to me when I get older.
We spent the afternoon cleaning my new playhouse. You all know I enjoy cleaning. My new playhouse even has its own sink for pretend cleaning! I am loving this!


In fact, I enjoy cleaning so much I decided to try to eat the washcloth I was cleaning with. This actually does not taste so good but look at the photo opportunity I created for Mommy and Daddy and YOUR benefit, dear, loyal reader.

Finally I wanted to let you know that Anna is doing very well. She slept for 5 hours straight last night! I did not do that until I was about 8 months old. Anna is only 3 weeks old so she is doing much better. She is very laid back. Maybe one day when she gets a little older I will let her blog once in a while. Maybe. If she pays me.
Love,
Lilly







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babi thinks that Mommy should have sucked it up and bought you the Liliput cottage at Costco...remember SheRa's house, Mommy??? You NEVER let Babi forget...this is YOUR SheRa!!! Just kidding, I love your new house and you will have so much fun with it. Just remember to share with Anna...she can be the baby!

love you so much
Babi

Uncle Dan said...

Lilly,

You just can't help but have schmutz all over your face can you? At least it was soapy schmutz this time, so that's an improvement.

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...