Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mommy is a Klutz

Mommy fell down the stairs on Sunday and sprained both of her ankles. But who cares about Mommy, she was holding ME! I fell on top of Mommy but then on the floor, on my belly and I was bleeding. So Mommy was the first one to make me draw blood. Way to go, Mommy. Daddy had the scare of his life because all he heard was a loud THUD-THUD-THUD and then me and Mommy screaming. When he ran to the stairs there I was on the floor - BLEEDING - and there pregnant Mommy was on the floor - SCREAMING. I am okay. I had a big, puffy lip but it's back to normal now. Mommy went to the clinic and they wrapped both of her ankles and offered her crutches but what good are crutches when you sprain BOTH of your ankles? And since Mommy is pregnant no drugs for Mommy! Not even a lousy ibuprofen. So Mommy just grimaces and walks on them - carefully - and I say, "Mommy, this is nothing compared to labor, and you did labor for 28 hours without any drugs, you can handle a couple sprained ankles." And Mommy says, "Lilly, please don't remind me."
So since Mommy can't walk up and down the stairs I've been sleeping in her room the past couple nights. Daddy is on surgery for 2 weeks which means we won't be seeing much of him so we're on our own. Yesterday Mommy tried to show me how to cook for her but my play oven doesn't make very good cookies. So we had canned peaches instead. Mommy will get some pictures up later in the day, but there's our update!
Love,
Lilly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Lilly,

You must take good care of Mommy! I know that it will be hard (she can be a little demanding at times), but you can do it!!! We have faith that all will be well and Mommy will be back to her sweet self in no time...meanwhile, don't make her chase you too much!!!

We love you very much!
Babi and Duda

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...