Thursday, March 31, 2011

Poopy In Training


Right now, I am upstairs yelling, "Mommy, I pooped! Mommy! I POOPED!" for the 472nd time tonight and now Mommy is ignoring me. I have this new trick, see, where I can force the tiniest little turd out into my diaper, and then I put it into the potty in my room, sit on my potty and yell, "I pooped!" until someone comes to congratulate me and I actually play this off as if I did it in the potty which means I expect a treat. Well, Mommy is on to me because I leave a trail of evidence. I am, after all, only almost 2 years old. I haven't figured out the poop stain on my diaper, the traces on my fingers, etc are all dead giveaways of my deceit. Kind of like when Mommy was a teenager, and she'd sneak out the window in the dining room but leave the screen on the ground and Babi and Duda knew all along what she was doing she thought she was soooo crafty, didn't she? Years later Duda would say to Mommy, "Why didn't you just walk out the door?" Mommy thought this wouldn't have been nearly as exciting as contorting herself through an 18" window 2 1/2 feet off of the ground - and 10 feet away from the door. Kind of like how leaving the poop in my diaper is not nearly as exciting as dumping it in the potty for accolades and treats.
What's that they say, Mommy, about what comes around?
Love,
Anna and Lilly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teti was craftier than mommy... She would sneak out the basement door walk up the stairs to the garage and then out of the garage door! But Teti was a big fat loser and didn't do anything but walk around the streets with the neighbor kids

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...