Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Heaven Is Far Away

Yesterday while we are swinging in the backyard, out of nowhere I say to Mommy:
"Mommy, why is everybody so sad Papa went to Heaven?"
Mommy said, "Because we miss Papa while he's in Heaven."
I said, "Oh, but I thought he was with your Babi in Heaven and he is happy?"
Mommy said, "He is Lilly, he is with my Babi and he is happy. But Mommy and a lot of the friends are going to miss him."
I said, "Mommy we can go visit him in Heaven?"
"Not for a long time little peanut, a very long time. Papa wants you to stay right where you are. He will wait for you."
Then I said, "Mommy, Heaven is sooo far away. That's why it's sad, but when I think of Papa, I just put his blanket on the bed."
And Mommy thinks, Wow, what beautiful, simple logic.
Mommy loves us, so much.
Love,
Lilly and Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...