Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Look at ME!  I can stand up all by my big baby self now!  Still not walking, or talking, and still only have two teeth.  Daddy is starting to get himself worked up into a little tizzy over this.  He's worried I  might have fluid in my ears which is preventing me from hearing and balancing properly and thus not speaking (by now, I "should" be speaking at least 3 words and really, all I can say is "Uh oh!" and "Mama"  What Daddy doesn't realize is that when he speaks to me and I don't "hear" him I'm actually just not listening to him and that I like to take things in my own time and eventually I'll start walking, then running and talking, then screaming, just like my Sissy!)  All in due time.  Meanwhile when I get myself up and standing I get REAL proud of myself and start clapping and laughing.  I also like to open my mouth REAL wide and put my head down.  Babi and Duda know what this is like.  Mommy used to do it!  And I do the SAME thing!  Once we get some pictures of that we will put them up here.
On another note, Mommy's hard drive crashed on Friday.  Thank goodness for the IT geeks she works with, they were able to miraculously retrieve EVERY file!  But the puter is DEAD!  So note to my grandparents out there, if you don't already, Mommy highly suggests you either go buy yourself a portable hard drive (about $75 bucks or so) and download all your personal files on a very regular basis or sign up for web backup services to do it for you (for a monthly fee).  Mommy has seen some of the dinosaurs you have for puters (no offense, we are still working on a 13 year old MAC at home!) and wants to be sure the same thing doesn't happen to you!  We could have lost ALL of our pictures!   ALL OF THEM!  But Mommy backs up files but hadn't in over 2 months!  Imagine what we could have lost.  Priceless memories!  So go get ya a hard drive, or Mommy will buy you one for Christmas!
Love,
Anna and Lilly

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...