Monday, November 9, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

What a pretty weekend it was. Too bad we had the sniffles and coughs all weekend. Oy, we seem prone to the "daycare colds." So does Mommy, too, she gets it when we do. Here's a cute Lilly story. Last night, I did not want to go to bed. Why? Because Mommy promised me a "big girl" bed and I am a being of instant gratification so when she said, "I'll get you a big girl bed when you are ready to say bye-bye to paci for good" this is what I heard, "Blah blah blah big girl bed blah blah blah."
So I sat up in my crib, REFUSED to lay down for 2 1/2 hours, the whole time demanding the big girl bed I was promised! Not tomorrow, not next week Mommy, "RIGHT NOW!" Mommy and Daddy paraded in and out of my room from 8:00 pm until 10:30 pm trying to satiate me and my needs (to no avail) before I finally gave up out of sheer exhaustion. But I am really into saying cute things these days, cute things that Mommy and Daddy can't refuse which is one way to prolong the inevitable (bedtime)! Some of these things include:
"Mommy! Come back, Lilly want to hold you!" (YOU try walking away from that!)
"Daddy, sit in rocking chair and give Lilly nilky?"
"Mommy, hold Lilly, Anna - two babies!"
"Lilly want big girl bed? Big girl bed? Yes? Right now?"

Poor Anna has got some kind of cough. She sounds like a hoarse seal. Poor baby. She is still just as sweet as can be. Just looks up at you and smiles between coughs and cries. Mommy does not understand it, how could we have gotten so lucky to have such a sweet baby?! She is doing real good with her solid food, too. You have to mix everything with rice cereal - she really likes rice cereal - but yesterday she ate rice cereal with spaghetti sauce and carrots (Mommy's mean trick of sneaking extra vegetables into Daddy and my diets) and on Saturday she ate spinach, broccoli and peas - and LIKED IT! Just you wait until I give her candy, she's really going to like that!

These pictures are actually from a couple weeks ago, but we can pretend it was this past weekend the weather was so nice. I got out and helped Daddy rake the leaves. See? My own little rake. Cuuuute!! I found another use for my rake...

Don't mess with me Daddy! Or I'll bonk you on the head!
Love,
Lilly



No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...