Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"New" Cousins

We got to meet our cousins, Riley and Ava a couple weeks ago. Their Mommy, "Aunt" Stephenie (she is technically Mommy and Daddy's cousin, but we will call her "Aunt" because Mommy doesn't understand all that "second cousin twice removed" nonsense) anyway "Aunt" Stephenie is from the 'Ville and she was in town with her family and they came over! We had lots of fun!
Ava liked my ducky. She liked to chase me around the house quacking it.

I enjoyed wearing my sunglasses on my head, upside down...


Aren't they cute and well dressed? Mommy can't wait until I'm out of diapers so I can start wearing more tights and skirts! It's just a hassle when you wear diapers to have to pull them on and off 100 times a day. Plus, I love my monkey pants.


Nope, that's not my wine! Here I am with Miss Ava...

And Miss Riley! I hope they visit again. I liked having them over. I love having a big, extended family and lots of cousins! Now it's time for Mommy's side of the family to pony up some cousins! Or more presents to make up for lack of. Ha ha ha!
Love,
Lilly and Anna

2 comments:

Dan said...

The child of your parents' siblings is your first cousin. Your first cousin once removed would be your first cousin's kids.

Your second cousin is your parent's first cousin or your great aunts' and uncles' kids, etc.

It get's confusing because you can be a certain "flavor" of cousin to one person who is an entirely different title of cousin to you.

Gracie Pavich, for example, is Lilly's third cousin once removed. However, Lilly is Gracie's first cousin twice removed. Make sense?

Anonymous said...

BAM!

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...