Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our First Boat Ride











While we were at the cottage a couple weeks ago Daddy took Mommy, me and Anna on our first family boat ride!
I was TERRIFIED. Anna slept.
I got used to the boat after a couple of days and really started to enjoy it. It was a lot of fun for Mommy and Daddy to take us because they remember being little and riding on boats with THEIR Daddys. My Duda had an old Bass fishing boat - it was aluminum and it had this loud old motor. It was grander than a yacht to Mommy when she was little. She thought it was the best, fastest, coolest boat in the world! Duda used to take her fishing in Michigan and Minnesota - I think she even got to take it out on the great Mississippi when she lived in St. Louis. Believe it or not, she put her own worms on her hooks and once in a while she actually caught something. Daddy says there are no more fish left in Lake Ontario. That is a darn shame. Maybe sometime when I'm back in Troy Grampa will take me fishing on the Little Miami. I hear there's carp in there bigger than me!
Love,
Lilly



No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...