Monday, October 27, 2008

It's My Party and I'll Fuss, Whine, Moan and Cry If I Want To...









Last weekend Mommy and Daddy had a birthday party for me. Let's get something straight: I don't like new things, I don't like a crowd, and I don't like anyone outside of my Fab 5 trying to hold me (that Fab 5 being Mommy, Daddy, Miss Norma, Miss Marva and Teti). What did my party have? Lots of activity, lots of people and all of them wanting to hold me. Wah.
But it was not all that bad. Since the kitchen is being remodeled Mommy had to order me a cake. This is probably a good thing. My cake was rockin', as in rockin' Noah's Ark! I did not eat it though, I just took the toys off one by one. I like to organize things. I'm organizational. I get this from Mommy. I do not like cake. I do not get this from Mommy.
My new friends came, we did not interact much because most of my new friends are about my age and at 1 year old we're still a little anti-social. They brought me beautiful gifts though, gifts I did not open because I was not interested. Mommy however, was very interested and opened them for me. After they were opened, I quite enjoyed playing with them as you can see.
Overall it was not a bad party. I was just not in a party kind of mood. I definitely don't get that from Mommy or Daddy. But we all have our days. Nonetheless Mommy did get some cute pics which she has posted for your viewing pleasure.
Thank you to everyone who came to my party! I might not have shown it, but it was really special and it meant a lot to me and especially to Mommy and Daddy that you could all make it!
Love,
Lilly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lilly, your party looks like it was a whole lotta fun! I'm so bummed that I missed it. However, I want you to know that I partied too. West Chester University planned homecoming on the exact day of your birthday party so that I wouldn't miss out on the birthday festivities!

When you're older you can have a month of Lilly, just like Teti has a month of Teti! It starts the day before your birthday and ends exactly a month after your birthday! Its a lot of fun, and I'm sure you will enjoy it one day!

Love, Teti

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...