Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another Day, Another Project...



I thought a fun way to keep you up to date as well as let you know more about the house is to incorporate a daily project update into each of my blogs. This works out well today, as I wanted you to see that I have graduated to the big bathtub. No more baby bathtub for me! I can scoot my little goozitsa all over the place in the big tub! And Mommy busted out the bath toys for me last night. They are so much fun!

There is only one bathtub in our house and it is in the Master bath. Our Master bath is not what you're thinking of when you think Master bath. It's more like Master bath-closet. Literally! It is so small, and you'll never guess what color it is. Do you want to guess? If you guessed pink, you'd have guessed right.


Here are some "before" pictures for you. While Daddy was taking a shower last week he decided he'd had enough of this wallpaper so he ripped it all down. Now the walls are covered with yucky glue that Mommy will have to wash off before she can paint. But more importantly, once that heinous purple bath is ripped out there will be no bathroom downstairs except for the Master bath-closet. So Daddy will be ripping out one of the walls to put a door in, and then it will be a shared bath. That is until we know if we are going to stay in this house for more than 3 years for sure. You see, if Daddy decides to leave Louisville after his residency to pursue a sub-specialty or practice elsewhere, we will only be here for 3 years. Then it's not worth the money to add on to the house. Or, since all of our neighbors are geriatric and in their 80's, we may decide after 3 years to move to a neighborhood with more kids for me to play with! Then it's not worth it, either. So some projects will just have to wait. But one thing that won't wait is that Mommy can not live with the bathroom being pink for long, THAT will change soon!

Stay tuned for more Lilly and house adventures!
Love,
Lilly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My darling Miss Lilly, your Mommy's favorite color in all the world (when she was little) was...PINK, so I would think the house would be perfect!!! Just kidding, I've spent a week in pink hell and I don't blame Mommy one bit for tearing down the wallpaper, although she has quite the job now!!!

love and kisses
Babi

Anonymous said...

Hey Lilly, Uncle Mark here.

You have got to slow down on this growing up thing, i'm missing everything, and your hair is getting soooo long now! I love you, see you soon.

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...