Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This One is For the Irish...

 Enjoy it Irish fans because it prolly won't happen again for another 4 years!
 This year Daddy's birthday was the day before the biggest football game of the season as far as this little family is concerned and that's the Michigan/Notre Dame Game!  In honor of Daddy's birthday and the big game we made him a birthday cake!  First, we separated a bunch of peanut butter M&M's into Irish colors (and ate the rest!)
 Oh no!  I think Lilly put boogers in the batter!
Just jokin!  We made a GOLD cake!  Stir, Lilly Bean, stir!
Jacky watched from the floor below.  Actually, he's hoping we drop him some crumbs!
While Lilly works on the cake I'm gonna stir me some sweet tea!  Mmmmmm-mmmmmm!!!
Here's our cake, popped out of the oven!  Lilly is pretty proud of it!  She did a great job!
Uh oh, here we are in the first half of the game.  You can see I'm clearly a Wolverine and am more than just a little disheartened at our offense's poor performance.  Boo!!! 
Much better plan is to mix our frosting into Irish colors!  Green for me...
And blue for me!  You're welcome, Uncle Dan, we know how much you love food in mouth and all over mouth shots!
I don't want to let you down!
And I'm in this game, too!  Brewster is also hoping for some crumbs!  Sorry, Dude!  You can have my peas!
Step 1 of our cake process...looking good, eh?!  Looking LUCKY, eh?!
It obviously needs some more zsu zsu goodies...
Perfection!  See our spaghetti noodle goal post?  Word!
Happy birthday, Daddy!  Love your little family!
And our beautiful Babi!
Daddy got his birthday wish, The Irish win.  Shhhhh, Lilly, it's okay, it's okay.  It's the first time in my life the Irish have beat Michigan.  There's always next year!
And Jacky was on the right side of the game this year (since he's wearing the same Notre Dame onesie Lilly wore and that I didn't get to wear because I was born in the Spring - I'm a Wolverine, yo!)
Na na na na boo boo!  We're the big losers this year!  Chalk it up to another year of heartbreak being a Michigan fan!  When do we pledge allegiance to Clemson?!?
We're glad Duda can stay in good spirits after the loss (heck, after 55 years of being a Michigan fan he's DEFINITELY used to the heartbreak!)
And we're glad we got to share the day with our Babi and Duda! (Babi was smart, she wore a Clemson shirt that day, but they lost, too...)
We missed you this year Grampa and Grammy!  Watching the Michigan-Notre Dame game sure isn't the same without you!
Love,
Lilly, Anna and Jack

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...