Friday, October 26, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Boots!

 Happy birthday my sweet baby boy!  This year went so fast, it's like a blur.  I guess that tends to happen when you're 3 kids in - time just scoots by faster than you even know.  It's crazy.  Like you, crazy kid.  Really, you are my craziest baby!  I never thought I'd be a Mommy to a boy.  All my life your Babi used to say I'd have all girls and they'd all be like me and that would show me (and so far I have Anna Jane who IS like I was - when I was 15!!) So I always figured I'd have girls!  But I remember the day we went in for the ultrasound - Lilly knew you were a boy the minute we told her you were coming and named you Boots! - but we went in for the ultrasound and the lady said, "You know what that is?" and I screamed, "A boy!" and I felt a pure joy and rush of excitement and a little terror all at the same time.  What am I going to do with a boy?  How will I raise him?  I know girls, I can do girls but a boy?!  So we're kind of learning as we go.  I'm learning that you love Mommy time more than the girls did (Mama's boy!); I'm learning I can't take my eyes off of you for one hot minute (head first over the side of the shopping cart!); I'm learning you aren't afraid of anything, aren't afraid to go anywhere (out the door at the toy store!); I'm also learning you don't value sleep as much as I do (really - are you EVER going to start sleeping through the night?)  But I'm loving every minute.  You see baby Boots, you were the final piece of our family puzzle.  You're my last go-round.  You're my only boy.  You're so special to me in so many ways.  I pray that I can raise you right.  I pray that you'll grow up to be a Godly man; that you will be kind and generous; I pray that you will treat women right and with respect; I pray you will be loyal and trustworthy; I pray that you will be a leader, a teacher and a do-er.   I sometimes also pray that you will be a professional athlete and take care of ME!  Ha!  Really, Jack Leo, you are a special little boy.  I saw it the moment even before you were born.  I know in my heart.  I hope I do right by you, son.  I love you so much.  Thank you for making every day a day of joy in our lives.
Happy birthday!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...