Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Don't Mess With My Daddy

Okay, let's start with Mommy is sorry - the whole blog thing - it's hard lately because Daddy takes the 'puter to work and Mama doesn't much feel like blogging at night after we're all in bed because she's in the corner balled up and crying from this stay at home Mommy business.  Turns out, she always knew it was hard work, she just had no idea how "un"cut out for it she was (or did she?  I think she always kinda knew) - anyway do I have a story for you!
Do you know my Grampa John?  He has a reputation in his town - you don't mess with Grampa John.  No, seriously, you DO NOT MESS with Grampa John.  There were rumors around school (that may or may not have been true) that if you farted around in his class he'd throw a hammer at your head.  Uncle Dan says that actually the weapon of choice was actually a box of nails.  Anyway you cut it, you don't mess with Grampa John.
Now Daddy, he isn't exactly known to throw hammers but as the saying goes the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree because Daddy put the Grampa John smack down on my soccer coach tonight and he is my HERO!
My soccer coach is crazy intense.  We think he has World Cup delusions of the four-year old YMCA circuit.  He also happens to be a pretty prominent attorney in our new hometown (of course, he would be).  So like I do at soccer, I wasn't paying attention (I share a few other characteristics with Uncle Dan besides the blond hair and blue eyes - I'm not much for team sports) and the man grabbed and yanked me by the arm!  *GASP!* He DID! And I started to cry and walked off the field to my Daddy.  And the look of Grampa John came over Daddy's face and Daddy marched right up to Mr. Big Shot Attorney and looked straight down his nose at him (height does have it's advantages!) and said, in Grampa John fashion, "Don't touch my daughter."  And wouldn't you know?  That attorney kept his mouth shut for once!  SCORE for Daddy!!!
Don't mess with Lilly and don't mess with my Daddy or he will go Hammer Man on you!  Yayyyyy for Daddies!!!!
Love,
Lilly, Anna and Jack

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...