Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tonight is The Night...

 Technically, LAST night was the night - we said farewell to paci...and this was entirely on accident.  We spent the weekend with Grandma in Troy for the Strawberry Festival (holla!) and Mommy left to go to dinner with her BFF's from high school (holla!) and left my paci hidden.  Well, Magic Grandma managed to get me to sleep without it (she said I didn't even ASK for it) and on the way home Mama thought, Well heck why not?  We've already got over 24 hours paci-free under our belt why not go all the way?

 So we got home, Mama shared the good news with Daddy and they took every paci they could find in the house (all 26 of them) and hid them - except for ONE.  One they accidentally left under my bed.  That I found.  Of course.  And you should have seen the look of sheer joy and excitement on my face.  Even the Princess Castle at Disney World didn't compare.  Mommy felt weak in the knees - she couldn't do it.  Tears welled up in HER eyes, I mean - I'm her BABY!  Look how EXCITED I AM!  Daddy saw the moment of weakness and seized it, he took paci and said, "No more paci, Anna, you're a big girl now."  Mommy started to cry.  I said, "Okay." and I'm upstairs in my room right now, NOT crying and Mommy is downstairs now, blogging the moment so she'll always remember who had the hardest time giving up paci - it wasn't me!
Love,
Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, my baby niece is all grown up! I'm so proud of you Anna Banana! Love, Teti

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...