Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thelma & Louise Say...

 Meet Thelma and Louise, new friends of ours.  No, their names aren't really Thelma and Louise, they are Laney (on the left) and Lily (on the right) (what beautiful names, no?)
Laney is Mama's friend Carrie's little girl and Lily is her niece.  They get to spend a month in the summer together and Ms Carrie gets to accumulate lots of stories to tell their little girls when they grow up and have their own.  It's good fun getting Thelma and Louise updates, so Mama thought she'd add to the pile of stories, she's been saving this for Ms Carrie.
Mama and Ms Carrie took T&L to the bathroom and Mama had the pleasure of the following conversation.  We will call Laney "Thelma" and Lily "Louise."  Enjoy.
Louise to Mama: "Do you have a boyfriend?"
Mama: "No, I have a husband."
Thelma: "It's not the same thing."
Mama: "No, it's not, it's better."
Thelma: "No it isn't.  When you are done with your boyfriend you get to find a new one.  What do you do with a husband?"
Mama had to think about this.  What DO you do with a husband?
Thelma: "My Mommy has a boyfriend."
Mama: "Your Mama has a husband, your Daddy."
Thelma, rolls her eyes, "Well, my Mommy wants a boyfriend."
Mama: "We ALL want boyfriends."
Louise: "I have a boyfriend.  Last week I had a different one."
Mama: "What's his name?"
Louise: "I don't know."
Mama: "It's not really that important."
Thelma: "No, it's not.  It's just important to have a boyfriend."
Louise: "What is a husband?"
Mama: "A boyfriend you never break up with."
Louise: "Ew.  I don't want one of those.  I just want boyfriends so when I get sick of them, we can break up I can go find a new one."
Mama: "Well...  I can certainly see the logic in that."
And that was pretty much the conversation and Mommy didn't even take any artistic liberties, it was just that funny.

We can't wait to see you two little stinkers again!
Love,
Lilly and Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...