Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lilly Bean the Wee Baller

 Saturday was OPENING DAY for wee ball season!  I went dressed for the occasion - in a skirt.  Daddy is my team coach!  We are the Nationals!  There were 7 of us to start, we lost 3 players to Parental Attachment Syndrome.  Since my Daddy is my coach, we circumvented this issue but we are down to 4 players on our team.
 Our first game went as well as you would expect a wee ball game of 3 year olds to go.  It was mostly without incident except (and this is a pretty big exception) when Daddy had to call time-out because I found a ladybug in the outfield.  I threw my glove off and screamed, "Daddy!  Ladybug!" then my two other fielders dropped their mitts to observe.
 My own personal cheering section came!
 At the end of the game we shook hands with the other team.  I did not like that.  I'm not sure what my problem was there...but...?
 We perked right up after the game with some tasty snacks.


And for good measure, a picture of the game-stopping ladybug.
Love,
Lilly Bean, the Wee Baller

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...