Monday, August 30, 2010

Night Terrors

Isn't this a beautiful picture of Anna?  It's so Anna!  Smiley and sweet, God love her!
We are still working our way through some vacation pictures, I know, I know!  Show me new stuff, right?!
Friday Mommy and Daddy moved Anna's crib into my bedroom, so my bedroom is not my bedroom anymore, it's "our" bedroom.  This, after Mommy FINALLY got Anna's nursery just perfect.  Well, according to Daddy we need to fill it with another baby!  With Mommy's luck the next one would be a boy.  If it is, I hope he likes Pink and Birdies.  Either way, it's not going to happen for a little while yet.  Mommy needs a little more time.  She is enjoying her size 4 bootie back (that's right!  she managed to squeeze, wiggle and squirm her way into a size 4 skirt!  she didn't want to take it off.  not because she couldn't - which was questionable - ha ha.  Mommy is having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that she's getting older - she has trained us to say she's 29 and that your body after two babies tends to be a little different than when you were 25 with no babies - no matter how many carbs you don't eat!) but we digress....
Last night, I gave Mommy the SCARE of her lifetime.  Daddy is on the night shift (of course this happens when Daddy's working) and at 12:45 last night Mommy heard a SHRIEK, an ear piercing WAIL.  Faster than anyone who knows Mommy might even think possible, she was upstairs in a heartbeat in our room.  Anna was standing up in her bed, not making a sound and I - WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.  Holy Jesus, Heaven and Earth.  Mommy is half asleep, she heard a piercing scream and I. Am. Not. In. My. Bed!  Now, there is a gate on my room, and it was closed, so Mommy is trying to process where the hell am I and then I let out another blood curdling scream - I AM UNDER MY TODDLER BED.  Which is all of 4 inches off the ground.  Mommy threw the bed OFF of me.
What the hee haw was I doing under my toddler bed?  Well, I told Mommy the Orange Monster came to get me.  All Mommy could do was cry.  Anna, upon seeing that I would survive the Orange Monster attack, fell right back to sleep in her crib (without making a sound) and Mommy did not let go of me until it was time to go to Mary Lou's this morning.
Mommy was prone to night terrors as a child.  I hope I don't go through this.  One scare is about all Mommy's nerves can take.
This is another reason why Mommy will tell Daddy - WE NEED A DOG!!!  The Orange Monster can not get me if we had a dog!
Sleep tight.
Love,
Lilly and Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...