Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good Friday!

Were you hoping for cute posey pictures of us in our Easter dresses?  Well then prepare to be disappointed (though if you are reading this blog you probably know by now this is just not possible, as much as Mommy would love her little girls to be all girly-girl and cutesy-cute and sit and pose pretty those opportunities come by rarely and when they do we are usually nekkid or something...)
Here I am getting ready to get in the car to go see the Easter bunny!  (On Good Friday!  Two days before Easter...it's an Easter miracle that Mommy even remembered to do this at all.)
Hey look!  I'm actually smiling (and in the process of running away from Daddy so I don't have to get in the car...)
Ha ha, Lilly, I will sit and pose pretty.  You see Lilly's dress in the corner there?  No amount of M&M's, no promise of TV in the car, NOTHING was going to get Lilly to sit down next to me to take even one single picture...that is fine.  I am perfectly adorable all by myself!
Aren't these bunny ears cute?  This was my present from the Easter bunny.  After the Easter bunny we went to Friday night service at the church.  Mommy and Daddy believe that Easter and Christmas are special enough occasions that we get to sit with them during church service, and not have to go to Sunday school.  Every Sunday when we are leaving for church I say, "Lilly don't want to go to Sunday school!  Lilly want to go to church with Mommy and Daddy!" and every Sunday Mommy and Daddy tell me how boring church is and how much fun Sunday school is.
In church, I get to sing and dance in the aisles and Anna gets to crawl around and play and this is GREAT fun (see the little old lady behind me just doting on how cute I am?  man, I love attention!)
Here I am praying.  I love to pray.  We pray at dinner and I say my prayers at bedtime, about half a dozen times.  I "God bless" everyone I've ever met in my life.  The more people I "God bless" the longer I get to stay up!
About halfway through the third song, Mommy and Daddy started to think this might not have been the best idea.  I refused to sit my little goozitsa still, and believe it or not, church was PACKED on a Friday night!  Absolutely full!  It was about this time we started getting mean looks like, "What are these kids doing here?"  Well, Jesus wouldn't be bothered that we were there, now would he?  NO!  So stick that in your sippy cup and suck it, people.  I'm going to crawl around all over everything...and away from Mommy and Daddy!
Ha ha, you can't catch me....
After the third song, the whole sanctuary got real dark and they started to play a video.  Now, everyone knows that Easter involves Jesus dying on the cross, right?  Not real hap-hap-happy that part.  Sissy started to get real scared, and she cried.  Loudly.  Then she screamed, "Lilly want to go to Sunday school!  Lilly want to go to Sunday school!"  Ah ha!  The Sunday fight is over!  From now on Mommy and Daddy will tell Lilly that church is scary - not boring - and Sunday school is FUN!  And Lilly will be glad to go!
Unfortunately for everyone sitting around us, Sunday school was full by this time.  Lilly ran in like a crazy child and then they couldn't find her so they had to let her stay.  Me?  I got to stay with Mommy and Daddy and JESUS.
Happy Easter!
Love,
Anna and Lilly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

M&M's?! what the hunh? that's the problem. get some good hershey kisses and then they'll sit still. :-)

Uncle Dan said...

Church is indeed scary Lilly. I'll send you some secular humanist works when you start reading so that you can get a more rational perspective on reality.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st birthday to dearest, sweetest baby Anna!

We love you very much
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Babi and Duda

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...