Friday, September 12, 2008

Go Blue! (And Gold! And Orange!)






Hello avid fans!

I thought since I kind of slacked off this week I would give you TWO updates today! Hope this carries you through the weekend. I'm sure I'll have a lot to say on Monday about college football this weekend. It's a big weekend for college football in the Maurer house because Mommy's favorite team (MICHIGAN!) plays Daddy's favorite team (Notre Dame!) It's not going to be a very good season for EITHER team this year (especially not for Michigan) so that will make the game pretty good because both teams are evenly matched! Usually Michigan would KILL Notre Dame but it's a rebuilding year (probably a rebuilding FEW years). Ha ha. My favorite part of not living in Ohio anymore is that now the obnoxious in-your-face Ohio State fans aren't everywhere we look (no offense to those Buckeyes we know and love but you know it's true, OSU fans can be pretty obnoxious, I think you pride yourselves on it) and Mommy doesn't have to stare at stupid red and gray all the time. Here in Kentucky nobody cares!

Anyway I wanted to post some pictures of my first trip to Chuck E. Cheese. Daddy took us there for Mommy's birthday. Because what self-respecting 30-ish year old WOULDN'T want to spend her birthday at Chuck E. Cheese? Overall, it was not as glorious as Mommy remembers it. But she's not little anymore. I'm not complaining. Once again I'm probably a little too young for this but it gives me something to look forward to when I get older. So enjoy the pictures, and enjoy the football this weekend whoever you're rooting for!

(GO MICHIGAN! GO TIGERS!)

Love,

Lilly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Lilly, go Tigers! The tigers are playing NC State tomorrow. Once when your Uncle Mark was a young pledge at Clemson your Mommy came all the way from Colorado to visit me and go to a Clemson/NC State game on Thursday night. To this day, it is still one of the worst Clemson losses i have ever seen, it was terrible, but me and your Mommy had a good time. This year Clemson is going to punish the Wolfpack and it is going to be awesome! And i can't wait to see you soon, if all works to plan you can come with me to watch the Tigers woop up on Duke later this year!

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...