Thursday, March 6, 2014

Owie - Head Injury Chronicles

 I got my first head injury last week.  Thanks to - JACK - whacking me in the forehead with a shovel!  We were outside playing and Mommy heard me screaming so she came out to see what the matter was.  There I stood with my hand over my boo boo and blood GUSHING LIKE A RIVER!  Naturally Mommy started screaming and it went like this: "JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE!" and then Daddy had minor heart palpitations thinking I broke something and when he came outside Mommy and I both stood there staring at each other, screaming.  It's a good thing we've made it 6 1/2 years without an incident because it turns out Mama doesn't handle blood very well.
 Even though it was a Sunday Daddy took me into his office to clean it up proper.  Once we cleaned all the blood away it didn't look quite so bad, but Anna Jane still felt super sorry for me.  Note, I did not remove my hairbow during procedure.
 We also took Big Dog for extra comfort.  He was the only thing Mama grabbed on the way out the door.  For some artistic fun, Anna Jane grabbed Mommy's phone and took some candids of my procedure and of Mama holding me down.
 It's hard to look at that, isn't it?
 Well, dang, it's even harder to look at that but Mama thought it was funny and she can laugh at herself.
 Hey Dr. Daddy do we get a discount?
 All done.  No stitches.  Mommy made sure to tell Daddy not to jeopardize my future career as a world famous fashion model by scarring my forehead.  If my career doesn't come to fruition can I sue?  I'll start by suing Jack for whacking me in the head with the shovel, then I'll sue Mommy for negligence for not being there at the moment it happened and then I'll sue Daddy for malpractice.
 Ha ha!  Just joking!  Finally, we leave you with a little comic relief.  Anna Jane style.
Thank you to Teti, Babi and Duda, and Uncle Mark and Aunt Kimber for bringing me flowers, ice cream, and love.  So far I'm all better, but still milking it!
Love,
Lilly, Anna Jane, and Jack

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...