Saturday, November 3, 2012

Call Me Baby Mary Lou - Just Don't Be Mean to Me!

 I miss Mary Lou.  I wore these glasses all night and told Mommy and Daddy to call me Baby Mary Lou.  When they forgot and called me "Anna" I'd say, "No, you forgot - I'm Baby Mary Lou!" and then roll my eyes.  A move I have per-fec-ted. 
In other, way more important news I had a moment made for bloggin' today!  Mommy loves moments like that, especially when we get to share them with Daddy and we know we've got to get that one down on the books!
We went to a friend's birthday party today.  His name is Burke and he turned 5.  Burke has 3 brothers, 9, 6 and 2.  Can you call crazy a color?!  Well color this family crazy y'all because that's a lot of boys in a short time frame and they are ca-ray-zy!  But fun, and you know we love fun.
Anyway Burke's Mama rented TWO bouncies for the party!  One was a slide!  Bouncies are way more fun when grown ups aren't there to kill your buzz with silly rules such as, "Don't jump over the top!" and "Watch out for the little kids!" or the always stupid, "One at a time!  Down the slide!  Up the ladder!"  PSHAW!
Well Mama noticed I was on the slide (of course) with NINE (she counted) NINE BIG KIDS!  I'm talking ages 7 and up!  So Mama walked over to make sure everyone was playing nicey nice.  Well they weren't because there were 9 of them and there were no grown ups giving a shit and they were having FUN y'all!  They were like little monkeys let out of their cages!  Mommy could hardly even keep an eye on me!
So I'm coming down the slide and 2 big girls are bouncing down right on top of me, laughing and pushing.  This would give most Mommys a minor coronary but my Mommy knows better.  She knows ME.  So I say to these girls:
"Are you two being mean to me?!" and then I lower my head, I stare up at them, I make growly face and say, "Dammit!" and then I go up the ladder, down the slide into a pile of monkey children, laughing all the way.  And Mommy and Daddy just laugh and agree to "let that one go."  I even got a high five from Daddy.  Babi is right when she says I'm full of piss and vinegar, y'all!
We're good girls, aren't we?  Very special and a lot of fun and a blessing every day.
Enjoy your weekend!
Love,
Lilly, Anna and Jack

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...