Monday, February 23, 2009

Work, work, work...

I love to help my Daddy around the house. My Daddy is so handy, he can fix and do ANYTHING! He took all the tree limbs down that fell on and around the house in the February ice storm, he even took that one step further and cut down two of the trees in the backyard all by himself! These were tall trees people! So when Daddy is working on a job that he can use a couple extra little hands, I'm happy to help! This weekend I helped him put the baby's furniture together!
Mommy says in some parts of the world there are people who can actually afford to buy furniture that comes preassembled. Can you imagine the riches of those people? I can't. We assemble our own furniture. Daddy says you get more out of it this way because it feels like you actually did something. Mommy says swiping your credit card to spring for assembled furniture IS like doing something but usually Daddy wins these battles and we buy furniture in pieces and Daddy gets to put them together. Sometimes more than once!
Here are some step by step pictures of our project. I was responsible for organizing and handing Daddy the appropriate screws. I also helped him line things up straight.

First, I mounted the sliding brackets on the drawers. I don't know if this is what they're actually called but it sounds good, doesn't it?

Here Daddy is demonstrating how to use the drill. Fascinating, Daddy!

Out of my way, Daddy. I can do this myself...

Daddy, here is the correct screw. I believe you need the 1 7/16" flathead wood screw?


Observe Daddy's mouth. This is what Daddy does when he is concentrating real hard...

...I learned this from Daddy.

Mommy, will you please make yourself useful and go get us some juice? This is hard work. We're thirsty!

I will post pictures of Baby's room when it's done!

Love,

Lilly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Lilly Marie

What a BIG helper you are for your Daddy...can't wait until you and I help Mommy with the new baby!!! Or should we let Mommy take care of the baby while we play and play and play??! Sounds like a plan to me!

Love and Kisses and hugs
Babi

Anonymous said...

Lilly you take after your Daddy and your Grampa. You know your tools already, they are so proud of you!! Keep up the good work, get little sister's room ready for her. She will love you for helping your Daddy.

Anonymous said...

I seriously laugh out loud at this!!!! SO CUTE!!!!! Please keep them coming... I may even start my own.

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...