Thursday, April 9, 2015

Happy Birthday, Anna Jane!

 Rise and Shine 6 years old!  Off to a great start this morning, heading off to donuts with Daddy!  It IS going to be a beautiful day in SC! The shirt you're wearing was Lilly's and it already looks like you're too big for it.  You've hit a growth spurt recently and you are getting even bigger and taller.  I can't pick you up without making a noise like this, "UNNNNGGHHH!" and you say to me, "Mommy, Daddy doesn't make noises when he picks me up, he just picks me up."  So I try to engage my core a little more and pick you up without noises but that's not easy when you're 48 lbs.  I feel like I'm picking up a teenager but dern it, you're my baby girl and I want to hold you as long as you'll let me!
 Off to school for only a few hours and I brought you mini cupcakes (chocolate and vanilla!) and had lunch with your class.  They sang you Happy Birthday and we got one precious hour together before we had to go pick up the Jack Man from preschool.  Your teachers are the coolest.
What to do with only one hour?
 How about get a pedicure?  Your first!  I think you liked it but there were moments you didn't really know what to think - I could tell.  The gals at the nail salon no speaka English too good and you thought that was funny.  I laughed because I'm inappropriate and you were getting a little flustered.  There was a Russian hair stylist there (I know, right?) and she said she would "do" your hair for free for your birthday...
 She put in a tiny, random pink hair extension.  Which lasted about an hour, but you loved it.
 Next stop Barnes & Noble for your birthday cupcake.  Chocolate.  Of course.
 Mommy made you Selfie with Jack.  We took about 50 pictures.  All blurry.
 We played with the books, the train table.  We left empty handed.  A miracle.  Next stop - pick up Lilly from school and then go enjoy this beautiful 84 degree day (!!! In April!!!) at the park.
 Your favorite park.  The "big slide" park.
 We were pretty hungry so we went home and played Uno until Daddy got home and then he took us out to dinner at the Whistle Stop Cafe.
 You ordered Mac and Cheese and french fries.  Lemonade to drink.  We let you - 'cause it's your birthday.
 You took a toe selfie.
We were the only ones on the patio tonight because it was windy - REALLY windy!
 We went home and opened presents from Grandma and Grammy & Grampa.  You got Grandma's in the mail 2 days ago.  Lilly wanted you to open it but you wanted to wait until your birthday.  Today when you talked to Babi and Uncle Mark & Aunt Kimber they all asked what you want for your birthday and you said, "I haven't decided yet!"
 You opened the cards before you tore into the packages.  I thought that was so sweet.  I always used to rip into my gifts first!  Cards later!  This was your favorite card - because it's a silly cat!
And even though I always think there is no more Hello Kitty that you could possibly have - you get a Hello Kitty blanket and it's a new and immediate favorite.  You're in bed sleeping with it right now.
Your big sister is suddenly into photo bombing!
We ate ice cream.  Neapolitan.  You had chocolate.  We got ready for bed.  You read "Go Dog, Go!" to Daddy.  We tucked you in.  Wrapped you up like a mummy in your new Hello Kitty blanket.  Lay Chelsea next to you in bed.  When I know you're asleep I'm going to take your picture.
I know you won't remember today, Anna Jane.  I know you won't remember a lot of these precious little moments but when you are big, and grown, and a Mama and/or Rock Star like you say you want to be when you grow up, I hope you remember when you think about your childhood that you are precious and dearly, desperately loved by many people but by no one more than me (and Daddy, and Lilly, and Jack).
You are my sunshine, my moon, my stars, my everything.
Happy birthday.
I love you.
Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...