Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Happy Birthday, Sweet Lilly Bean!

 Good morning, sweet girl!  Happy 7th birthday!
You are so special sweet Lilly bean, I love you so much.
Every year I look forward to writing my little love letter to you each of you on your birthday, but this year yours feels so different - because you feel so grown up now.  I love to tell you about the sweet things you do, the funny things you say - I love to tell you so I won't forget, and to remind you when you are all grown up that when you were little you were so very loved, so very treasured by so very many people.  It used to be when I looked in your dark blue eyes I saw this baby, or this little girl and now I see that and I see little flickers of the woman I think you will become.  You are so kind, you are so loving, so generous, meticulous, and thoughtful.  And, you are very funny.  That is important.  It's hard to tell which parent you get your funny from - because Daddy is funny, but Mama is HILARIOUS.  Ha!
 Do you know you are the center of their world, Lilly?  Do you know you are the center of ours?  I hope you always know, I hope you always feel that way.
Mommy and Daddy love you more than words can say, more than all the stars in the sky, more than all the water in the sea - more than you love horses!  I pray we raise you right, girl - and so far, so good.  You are love, Lilly.  You are kindness, and you are grace.  We love you so, so much.  I love you so, so much.  Seven down! Many, many more to go!  Happy birthday, Lilly Bean!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...