Sunday, October 26, 2014

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Happy birthday, Jack!
When I was pregnant with you, I told everyone if you were born on Halloween I was going to name you Jack O'Maurer.  Wouldn't that have been hilarious?  Fortunately for you, you came 5 days before Halloween (which was great, so your sisters still got to go Trick or Treating and we were home for it!)
I'm so grateful for you, Jack.  Every family should have a boy like you - snakes, snails and puppy dog tails.  Superheroes and cars.  Boy, boy, boy.  With the odds 2 to 3 against you, I'd have expected you to prefer Princesses to Iron Man but you are your own little man.  You are awesome.  Selfishly (and unfairly to your sisters) I'm so glad I get more of you to myself.  I treasure every little moment with you, every milestone - because it's the last "first" I will get to watch, and it's all totally different because you are a BOY!  (The one "first" I missed was this past weekend, when your Daddy surprised me by potty training you while I was out of town - naturally your Daddy should do that - it didn't quite give the same effect when I tried to show you how to pee standing up!)
I love watching you grow, learn and discover.  You are already such a good kid.  You are funny (but "it's NOT FUNNY!" - you do not like attention, you get embarrassed rather easily), you are sweet (your little friend Sully kissed you goodbye today at preschool - the girls love you already), you adore your sisters and they adore you right back.  I hope you three always stay close.  I hope you always know you are so, so loved.  Especially by Mommy and Daddy.  I know I'm not supposed to have a favorite, but you're totally my favorite boy!  You'll always be my favorite boy.  Always my best little man.
I love you more than the stars in the sky, JackMan.
I've loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more.
(pssst...that's our song...I sang it to you when you were a baby, I still sing it to you)
I love you, JackMan.
Love,
Mommy






No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...