Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Most Epic 7th Birthday - Part 1

With a birthday as epic as my 7th (sorry, Jack - you're totally shafted this year) - well anyway, we are going to have to do this wondrous occasion in separate "Parts"!  First up - American Girl store in Charlotte!  Babi wasted NO time getting us there - it hasn't even been open a week!  This past weekend was our Fall break so we got to go on Thursday.  Perfect.  There were no crowds, no lines - just us and the American Girl mmmmmexperience.
As you can see, Jack is thrilled.  ("Mawmy!  Where are the superheroes!?")
Atta girl, Anna Jane - roll up them sleeves.  Put your negotiating face on.  You're 'bout to get you some American Girl booty!
The first thing we did (after looking around in awe and wonder) was eat at the American Girl Bistro.  Mommy and Jack had to find ways to stay busy because it was a long, long, long, super long, very long, long, and then long some more wait.  Mercy.  Napkin hat, anyone?
Selfie time, anyone?
Cheeeese!  We got to celebrate with a little cake, our dollies got their own highchairs (can you see them?) and a little tea set.  Very sweet!
After the bistro - it was GO TIME.  For weeks I've been asking for the Kitty.  And a bed.  And her matching leash and collar.  And an outfit for Caroline (oh, and did you happen to see she got her hair did, too?)
And do you see the look of triumph on Anna Jane's sweet face?  That's a new doll right there (and a cat, and an outfit...)   Thank you, thank you, thank you soooooo much, Babi!  That's a memory we will treasure forever!  A very special day with us girls (and our little Jacky, too) eating, shopping, laughing!  The BEST!
I named my doll, Teti.  And my kitty, Garp.
No, Babi didn't forget about me!  I got me a new rocket (which I left in the powder room at Neiman Marcus.  What can I say, I was distracted by the free candy?)
Thank you so much, Babi!  You kicked off like the best, most epic birthday weekend ever.  How will I ever turn 8?!  What could possibly compare?  Maybe Anna Jane's 6th birthday?  (Certainly not Jack's 3rd - so sorry, little dude - we'll make it up to you next year - pinky promise!)
Lotsa love,
Lilly, Anna Jane, and Jack

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...