Saturday, September 28, 2013

So This Happened...

Kill Mommy now. Remember Wade? He's history. Meet J. Not his real name. In all fairness Mommy has never met his parents so since she's kind of putting him out here in my cyber corner of the world she should protect his privacy because we think Uncle Dan is going to have a few thugs to say about this. Mommy had a few choice words. Want to take a gander at how we came across this picture? My teacher took it! Yay for public school! Speaking of Wade his birthday is in two weeks and I was invited to his party. At the GREENVILLE COUNTRY CLUB. I shit you not, dear Lillybean lover. A birthday party for a six year old at the most prestigious private club in the upstate. (Is it really the most? Not sure but when you're six yes, it is).  What do one's parents wear to such a party (because you bet your sweet ass we are going - and we are taking the whole  family 'cause it's at suppertime y'all - on a weekday). I will be wearing my Lilly dress and pearls. I'm sure whatever the rest of my Midwestern bred semi redneck family wears will embarass me. Do you know I was born in Kentucky? You know I wasn't but I will argue with you until I'm blue in the face because I don't want to be associated with that Yankee place from which I really was born (which incidentally is just across the river from my beloved Kentucky. No matter! It's about pride not geography. I'm in for the shock of my life when I realize Cincinnati is in Ohio, NOT Kentucky).
I digress. Back to the issue at hand  - or at HANDS.
Apparently my taste in boys is good. As far as my mommy and daddy are concerned however at almost six years old my taste in boys should be "grossed out by boys". 
What's your take?
Love,
Your too big for her britches Lilly

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...