Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day, Joe!
As I sat down to write this "Ode to Joe" I got a text message from Mr. Bryan that he's surprising Kimmie with a trip to Italy this weekend.  For reals, y'all.  I think, anyway...so...kind of makes anything I was going to write here seem...um...insufficient?  It's actually kind of hard to concentrate because I'm still trying to decide if he's joking on this mass family text or if in actuality he is like the coolest boyfriend in the world?  Which if he is, I'm glad he's my sister's because she deserves it!
But, um, moving right along and back to US, baby...
This is our TENTH Valentine's Day together.  TEN!  Do you want a rundown of what we've done over the past ten Valentine's Days?
Here goes:
Moved from Boston to Denver to Princeton to Cincinnati to Louisville to Greenville - HOME.  Went to the Caribbean, took me to New York City (which I love so much you proposed to me there), took me skiing, snorkeling, hiking, camping.  Always challenging me to reach beyond my comfort zone (though admittedly the older I get the less I like it), always doing thoughtful, fun, special things most of the time for no reason which is the best reason of all.  Been through school, jobs, change and even a little hell.  We have three beautiful, healthy children who love and adore you more than anyone else in the world.  I think you are strong, confident and amazing.  You are vulnerable and sensitive and brave enough to change.  You really truly are the man of my dreams from your intelligence and sense of humor right down to your blue eyes and beard (always had a thing for it as you know - I guess I can thank my childhood crush on Cat Stevens for that).  You are so smart, you are an amazing healer, you're a fixer upper, a work in progress and a man of God.  I can't believe you're mine, Valentine.  I love you.  I am looking forward to 5 more 10 year Valentine Anniversaries.
Love,
Me

P.S. I know you're all thinking, "Italy?  Really?"  Yeah.  No.  Try Little Italy Pizza.  Good one, Bryan!  You had me going!  Now you owe Kimmie a trip to Italy!  My Babi would have some choice words for that little joke...all of them in Slavic!  And all of them not family friendly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! He originally only meant to send that to Dad! I told him he does owe me a trip to Italy now... the real one! He said he would make it up to me with a trip to Gatlinburg... not the same thing

Oh well...

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...