Tuesday, May 1, 2012

In Honor of Avery Lynn Canahuati

Mommy's heart hurts so bad right now.  Just last week Mommy and Babi saw a Yahoo! News article about Baby Avery and her Bucket List blog which went viral.  Only 3 weeks ago Avery was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) which is a rare and incurable genetic disease that is always fatal.  Last night Avery passed away.  She was only 2 weeks younger than Jack.
I don't think there's anything in the world - as a parent - that would be more devastating than losing a child.  Thankfully, I've never had to entertain the thought and I pray every single day that I never will.  My heart hurts so bad for Avery's Mommy and Daddy but before I read Avery's story I never heard of SMA and now I know what it is - and so do thousands of other people.  If you take a second to click here you can read more about it, too.  Even a short little life like Avery's was not in vain because now you know what SMA is, too.
In Avery's honor we are making a donation to The SMA Gene Therapy Program from Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio State University
Peace be with her Mommy and Daddy and please say a little prayer for her family and friends.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so sad to read about little Avery's passing in the news today. What a tragedy, but like you said, millions of people now know of this terrible illness. What a precious little angel, please give the kids a little extra loving from me tonight.

Love and hugs

Babi

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...