Monday, March 26, 2012

A Week In the Life!

Where, oh where has the last week gone?  Where, oh where did it go?  Did we trash the house or get anything done?  Oh where oh where has it gone??
Happy 5th month birthday, Jack Leo!  Jack is getting big - real big!  A whopping 25%ile big which as far as Kentucky M-----'s go that's BIG!  About 2 weeks ago Mommy defied Doctor's orders for the 267th time and started putting rice cereal in ALL of Jack's bottles because wise women the world over say this to her: "Have you tried putting cereal in his bottle?"  Whenever Mama answers, "No, it's not a new-crazed-bed-head-wild-woman look I'm going for - my baby STILL doesn't sleep through the night."  For the record, cereal in bottles does not work.  But, thanks for playing!
And just TWO WEEKS from today our sweet Anna will be THREE YEARS OLD!  Oh, my Anna!  I can't BELIEVE you are already almost three!  This whole time we've all been treating you like a four year old so believe me when I say this birthday has really snuck up on me because you are just now turning three, not five, and not thirteen though sometimes you talk to Mommy as if you were.  Good times, good times!  I especially like it when you throw in a yelping screech or literally ball up your little fists and go for the jugular.  That makes it extra special.
And Lilly, dear Lilly - Lilly has started to grasp that in this world some things actually "belong" to her, like really "belong to me" so why on Earth should I have to share?  Par example, the other night on our way home from dinner at Babi and Duda's Lilly says, "Mommy, I made a wish on my star!"
Anna: "I wished on the star, too!  Dear star..."
Lilly: "ANNA!!  THAT IS MY STAR!  MY STAR!  FIND YOUR OWN STAR!!!  YOU ARE GOING TO USE ALLL THE WISHES!  MOMMMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!  ANNA WISHED ON MY STARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!"
Mommy: "Lilly, all the stars in the sky belong to God and anyone can make any wish on any star they like.  You don't own the stars, God does."  So THERE!  Argue with God, I dare you!!
Pause.
Ha!
Lilly: "Mommy, I just talked to God, and he told me to tell Anna to FIND HER OWN STAR!"
Mommy: "Okay, Anna, wish on that star over there, it's a better star anyway."
(Screaming, yelling and arguing ensue the entire rest of the way home.  Mommy turns Taylor Swift on.  Again.  Tempted though she is to listen to Eminem...)
This is just one of a hundred reasons why Mommy neither likes nor understands other Mommies who don't drink, or have a sense of humor.  Really?  How do you do it?  And Why?  Why???
Love,
Lilly, Anna and Jack

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duh mommy, of course Lilly is going to talk God into giving her a star. She negotiates better than you!

Love, Teti

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...