Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baby Boots' First Bath

 We gave Boots his first bath tonight.  Ha ha, just joking, we gave it to him last week.  That would be SILLY to wait until he's almost two weeks old to bathe him, wouldn't it?  Especially since all he does is eats, sleeps, and poops.  I don't like it when I'm holding him and he poops on me.  I was holding him today on Mommy's lap and he tooted on me and I pushed him over.  Thankfully Mommy used her other arm to catch him, and I jumped off her lap and said, "Ew, I don't like that."  And Mommy thought to herself, "I on the other hand love getting pooped on by my children!" 
 Anna was very curious about Boots' and his wet head.  She was very gentle but mostly she just watched...
I'm the one who really loves to hold Boots.  I think this is because I have had a little practice being a Big Sister but Anna is still learning.  Lucky for her, she has me to help her.  We contend, here and now, that Boots is likely going to be a spoiled little Mama's boy but we guarantee he will hold doors open.  We're going to teach him ALL the ropes.
Mommy and Daddy had their first parent-teacher conference today with Ms C, my teacher (no joke, parent-teacher conferences for preschool - you get what you pay for at the Stepford Academy!)  Anyway they had to bring Boots with them (nothing better than exposing your not yet 2 week old to a gazillion germs at preschool) and Ms C said, "Oh, Boots!  Lilly tells me that his Mommy and Daddy name is Jack, but her name for him is Boots, so we call him Boots."  And, so shall we...
On another, unrelated note, Boots also went for a weight check today and wouldn't you know?  He gained one lousy ounce.  Mommy knows he's eating (and how at 3:00 in the morning for an hour at a time) and Mommy knows there's stuff there (you get my drift?) but evidently Mommy makes small babies who like to stay small.  So Boots still isn't even 7 lbs, which makes him a great size for ME to hold! (for now, but you need to grow you little pudnuts)
Love,
Lilly, Anna and Boots

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...