Thursday, February 17, 2011

First (?) Day of Preschool

Stupid Blogger. I think Mommy needs to swing the $20 a year to add storage to her own account to fix the picture problem she's been having since she bought this stupid Mac. Well, anyway, these photos are in REVERSE chronological order which isn't as cute and funny as if they were in the CORRECT chronological order. Sobeit. Mommy can't deal with organizing and reorganizing photos right now, my friends. As you can see above, I am soooo happy and excited! Why? Because I am in my first day of PRESCHOOL!!! Today was an assessment day to determine what class I should be in come August! I got to spend the whole half day there with new friends and it was FAB-O!
As you can see here, though, I wasn't without my reservations. Mommy and Daddy told me I'd be going to preschool this week and I repeatedly said: "No, I don't want to" and "No, I want to stay with Mary Lou" etc. etc. Daddy then decided it would be better to call it "Fun Camp" but when we got there this morning I realized it was more like Sunday School, less like camp.
I'm a very good sport, aren't I?
Aren't I?
Eh...well, I am 3 years old, after all.
After I had been in class a few minutes I turned to Mommy and Daddy and simply said, "Bye bye!" and went about my business. Daddy knew it would be okay. Mommy asked Daddy special to come with us this morning because last week when she toured the preschool, she actually cried - on the tour. Ms Ann was so sweet about it and said nice things like, "Oh, I understand (why you would cry when you are walking the hallways withOUT your child and with six months to go before she would even come here)" and "Really, it's okay - we see this (like, never)" Having Daddy there made today a lot easier on Mommy because she doesn't like to cry in front of Daddy or he'll call her a "Sissy-baby" which is some term I really don't understand but he laughs when he says it, and really Mommy says it more to Daddy (heh heh).
Mommy came to pick me up today and Ms Shelly said, "Lilly told me she really misses her baby sister, Anna." and when Mommy picked me up (literally) I said, "Mommy, that lady is going to miss me." When we got to Mary Lou's, Anna ran to me, not Mommy and Mommy got verclempt (sp?) - again. She's very emotional, no?
In all, it was a great day. I learned about the letter S. I will begin Pre-K in the fall and then next fall, Junior-K. After that, watch out world - KINDERGARTEN.
Mommy still can't believe how fast this is going.
And she might even be crying a little bit right now...
Love,
Lilly and Anna

1 comment:

tracey said...

oh Lilly, I can't believe you're so old!! I bet you will love preschool, but I don't blame your mommy for crying AT ALL. I was crying just reading your post. you're growing up too fast. (at least your mommy isn't crying because she lives in a silly place where she has to pay $15,000 a year for you to go to PRESCHOOL.)

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...