Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oh, My Anna...

I went for my 15 month check up today (never mind that I'll be 16 months in about a week - way to stay on top of things, Mommy!)
The Dr. was really impressed with my repertoire.  Quack.  I showed her where my ear was, too.  She asked where my tongue was, and I showed her my belly.  She says that I can "hear" and that I do "respond" so we're not worried (yet) about my developmental delay with respect to language.  Quack.
Tomorrow I am going to the hospital for another ultrasound on my kidneys to make sure all four of them are functioning properly.  People ask some of the silliest questions about my "duplicated collecting system."  (have fun reading that article.  Me no speaka-Chinese so it's just gibberish to me).
"Can she donate her extra kidneys?"  Ummm, no.  Technically they are not "extras" so we need to keep them.
"How does she have room for them?"  Well, you have room in your head for that genius brain of yours, right?  I don't know how a human head can hold a brain so smart!
"Is it going to affect her development?"  Quack!
We'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Love,
Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...