Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ah - Summer Camp!


We went to our first Summer camp last weekend to visit Daddy while he volunteered!  The name of the Camp was Camp for Courageous Kids and it is an AMAZING camp for AMAZING kiddos!  We were so lucky we got to enjoy some of the perks of being campers without officially being campers!  If Daddy keeps volunteering there his boss, Miss Tracey at the camp, told us we could be campers too when we get a little older!  Campers for a whole week!  We would love that sooo much!  Mommy has enough material from just 48 hours of camp to write a whole book, but instead of a whole book, here are some highlights!
As you can see above, I built my OWN woodshop car!  I painted it green, added sparkles, painted pink wheels, and later added sequins and feathers.  This was all with the help of a cute little college cupcake counselor named Ali, who flirted with Daddy (and vice versa) the whole week he was there.  That was really good for Daddy's ego, to flirt and be flirted to by a college chick, so Mommy let it slide.  I loved Ali so much, that I named my car after her - the Ali Car!
Here is the final product!  I am on my way with my Ali Car to the BG 500 Camp Race!  I get to race my very own car, and Anna, the singular member of my pit crew is faithfully trailing behind me, as you can see.
We put the Ali Car on the track and raced it all the way to the end!  I got to race with all the big girls from the Yellow Cabin!  Everyone cheered for me and I LOVED the spotlight (of course).
My Ali Car won!!
And here I am posing with my winning car and my first-ever medal.  Yep, seriously, I am seriously POSING!!!  This came so natural to me Daddy's eyes about fell out of his head, and Mommy about fell over on the ground laughing.  I mean, seriously?!  Could I be any cuter?  I am only 2 and I copped a hip move!
Ta daaaa!  Some goozies for you...
My favorite part of camp was unequivocally my new boyfriend Edmond, from Edmondson.  Edmond is one half of a set of identical 12-year old twins.  So if things don't work out with him...ahem...  Anywhoo...I copped more than just my first hip move, I copped my first new boyfriend, too.  Figures I would go for a man 10 years my senior, right out of the gate (sorry Hawthorne, you are way too young for me!)  At first it started like this, Edmond danced with me after dinner and I liked that.  Then, he would pick me up and twirl me, and I liked that, too.  Then, he spent every minute he could with me, and Mommy had a minor freak out.  Even Daddy had a minor freak out.  I mean, is it normal, this kind of March-December relationship between children?  Is something wrong with Mommy that she would even worry about it?  That her mind would even go there?  To reinforce to Mommy my romantic feelings towards Edmond, I started referring to him as "my boyfriend."  I even asked Mommy to put pig-tails in my hair, "for my boyfriend."  Knowing that this relationship, like all good things, would come to an end Mommy indulged me, and put the pig-tails in my hair.  She says she draws the line at Facebook and Twitter accounts, and no cell phone texting until I'm at least 8 years old.  That puts Edmond at 18 and comfortably legally unattainable.  Mommy is not ready for this world. 
Oh look!  I'm holding Edmond's hand!  GREAT!
Oh Edmond, our time together was short, but I will love you always...you will always be in my heart.  I will think of you every time I eat a yummy drumstick.
Our last morning at camp stresses the need for: a. a good camera (we used the crappy Canon we've had since before the beginning of time...my time, at least) and b. a good country song to get over my recent loss.  Look at how forlorn I look!  *Sigh*  SOMEone is not forlorn and that is Anna.  As you may observe, on the last morning of camp for breakfast they serve - BANANA SPLITS!!!  Mommy thinks this is ingenious!  Serve the kids ice cream 2 hours before their parents come to get them!  Good thinkin' camp!
I could hardly eat, even with the extra whipped cream...
Anna, on the other hand, no issues whatsoever.  She tore into that ice cream like nobody's business! 
We love camp!  We can't wait to go back again next year!
Love,
Lilly and Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...